|Общая информация » Каталог студенческих работ » ГУМАНИТАРНЫЕ ДИСЦИПЛИНЫ » Английский язык|
Do the tasks below. There are two points for each correct answer.
1. Choose the correct word from a, b or c. (20 баллов)
1 Companies have to find new ways to _____ and keep talented workers.
a. avoid b. attract c. achieve
2 Staff were motivated by the chance of ____ to senior positions.
a. promotion b. hierarchy c. achievement
3 The manager's job is to ______ assistance to subordinates to do their job effectively.
a. promote b. avoid c. provide
4 Abraham Maslow classified human ____ into five categories.
a. needs b. wishes c. hopes
5 There are four major management leadership _____.
a. categories b. ways c. styles
6 They _____ good service at a reasonable rate.
a. give b. offer c. run
7 I ________ products for my company.
a. purchase b. give c. open
8 We _______ new products every season.
a. imagine b. create c. give up
9 When you _______ a company it is a good idea to get financial advice.
a. invest b. close c. found
10 Is Jill still _______ the IT department?
a. running b. closing c. using
2. Put down the missing words. (10 баллов)
1 Theory X and Theory Y were developed ___ Douglas McGregor.
2 Abraham Maslow classified hierarchy __ needs.
3 Good employers should treat the subordinates ___ respect.
4. Managers cannot simply substitute Theory Y ___ Theory X.
5 According __ Frederick Herzberg good labour relations are merely “satisfiers”.
3. Match the words from A and B to make phrases. Use the phrases to complete the sentences below. (10 баллов)
1. The person who ____________ usually has the title of CEO.
2. Companies sometimes __________ when the economic situation is bad.
3. More and more people wanted to buy the new snack food. The company had to increase production to ___________.
4. When Patrick left from home to start work, he had to __________.
5. Running your own business is hard work, but you can __________ to.
4. Answer the questions about motivation. (10 баллов)
1 What motivates you and makes you study or work?
2 What are five groups of human needs in Maslow's theory?
3 What does Douglas McGregor say about Theory X?
4 What does Douglas McGregor say about Theory Y?
5 What does Frederick Herzberg call “motivators” in his theory?
5. Put the verb into the Passive form. (20 баллов)
1 This theory _____ (could/argue) by some economists.
2 The hierarchy of needs ______ (offer) by Abraham Maslow.
3 According to Maslow the human needs _______ (divide) into five different categories.
4 Employees (should/involve) in decision-making process.
5 The next month the staff _______ (offer ) good salaries.
6 The employees _____ (can/demotivate) by different factors.
7 Talented workers _______ (reward) every year in our company.
8 How ____ our staff _____ ?( should/stimulate)
9 Management styles ___ (can/influence) by cultural factors.
10 The work _____ (may/do) more efficiently in a well-equipped office.
6. Rewrite the sentences below using the correct form of the passive. (10 баллов)
1. We manufacture the goods in Korea.
2. The sales team sold 4, 000 units last month.
3. The CEO will open the new factory next week.
4. The company tested these products yesterday.
5. The company raised salaries by 4 per cent last year.
7. Read the text.
Leaps of faith
At 3M, innovation has been built into the company culture. For example, technical staff are encouraged to spend 15% of their time working on their own ideas that they hope will one day become new products for the company. Not only do they get time off to pursue these ideas, but they can also get money to buy equipment or even hire extra help.
For an idea to get accepted at 3M, it must first win the personal backing of at least one member of the main board. If it received backing, then a team of researches, engineers, marketers and accountants would be set up to push the idea further. But employees do not need to be afraid of failure. At 3M , the corporate hero is the one who continues against all the odds to create a successful innovation from an idea everyone thought silly.
A shining example is 3M's Art Fry. He realised that the sticky, but removable, piece of coloured paper he used to mark his place in his book had a wider use for writing reminder letters. The special adhesive used was already a failed innovation because at the time no one saw any use for a glue that did not dry. The difference was in the creative way Mr Fry persuaded the top brass to adopt his idea. First, he made up a batch of sticky little yellow reminder pads and distributed them to secretaries, knowing they were the best networkers in the company. Just by using the product daily as they left reminder notes for their bosses, the secretaries ensured that it got noticed by senior managers. Then, when everyone was hooked on the reminder pads, Mr Fry stopped handing them out. There would be no more, he insisted, unless the product got officially launched. Today, the "Post-It" note is one of 3M's biggest sellers.
Mark if the statements below the text are true or false. (20 баллов)
1. Technical staff are encouraged to spend half of their time working on their own ideas.
2. For an idea to get accepted at 3M, it must first win the personal backing of at least three members of the main board.
3. Today, the "Post-It" note is one of 3M's biggest buyers.
4. If the idea received backing, then a team of professionals would be set up to push the idea further.
5. Mr Fry made up a batch of sticky little yellow reminder pads and gave them to secretaries.
6. When everyone was hooked on the reminder pads, Mr Fry stopped distributing them.
7. At 3M , the corporate hero is the one who creates silly thoughts.
8. Just by using the product daily the secretaries ensured that it got noticed by accountants.
9. The difference was in the creative way Mr Fry persuaded the top brass to reject his idea.
10. Technical staff can also get money for their ideas to buy equipment or even hire extra help.